ALI HAJVERI FREE DRUG BANK, MAYO HOSPITAL, LAHORE
There is a large number of patients daily visiting Mayo Hospital who cannot afford to purchase expensive medicines, therefore, it was decided to establish a Free Drug Bank at OPD to help the neediest and deserving patients. Since this noble idea was conceived by Dr. Zaheer-ul-Hassan Mir, Deputy Medical Superintendent, Outpatients Department (OPD), Mayo Hospital, Lahore, during his visit at the tomb of “Hazrat Ali Usman Hajvery (RA), hence it has been given the name after the name of the most famous saint of the subcontinent. The idea was shared with venerable Dr. Zahid Pervaiz, Medical Superintendent, Prof. Dr. Irfan Manzoor Bakhshi and Waqar Ahmad Mian, philanthropist and was highly appreciated by all. Finally, by the grace of Almighty Allah, Ali Hajveri Free Drug Bank (AHFDB) was established in Room No. 3 in OPD, Mayo Hospital, Lahore dated 5th March, 2012. The major objective of this Drug Bank is to provide medicines, free of cost, as one of the healthcare facilities to the patients.
- Quality Medicines
- Just-in-Time (JIT)
Initial Starting Finance:
This organization started its function with an initial budget of Rs. 2,500/- only.
List of Philanthropists:
Several sincere and kindhearted philanthropists want to serve anonymously. So, their names are not mentioned hereby as desired by them.
The pharmaceutical companies visiting the OPD have also been engaged for this noble cause.
This organization shall work for the following objectives to;
- Provide free medicines to the most deserving patients coming to Mayo Hospital as well as employees of the Mayo Hospital;
- Supply the required medicines just in time;
- Motivate the wealthier segments of society to donate generously to please Almighty Allah;
- Develop team work in collaboration with pharmaceutical organizations to contribute in the noble gesture for the development of non-affording ailing humanity;
- Establish a crystal clear and transparent working mechanism to deliver better services to serve deserving patients.